Jul 16, 2013

I miss you too Mom..





The night I held you Mother,
my head resting on your cuddly stomach.
I have those words etched to my very soul, 
that took my power to speak, leaving a lump in my throat.
I remember your wet eyes, when you said...
"Baby...I dreamed of you the other night,
chatting and laughing, sitting by my side.
However, I knew it was just in my heart,
and you were at your hostel, miles apart.
I cherished its very sight and smiled to myself that night.
And even when it dawned on me that I was dreaming,
I refused to open my eyes...
AT LEAST I HAD YOU TO HOLD ME,
EVEN THOUGH IT WAS A DREAM."
and then you cried...

And, I still cry on many nights...

Mom, you are missed!

Remember you allowed littering the pencil scrapes on the floor? Sometimes you said, those would be picked in the morning, sometimes you said...