Aug 19, 2015

Ambrosia


I search for ambrosia,
not for me, for my soul;
But, my poor soul...
It longs to live-
to smile to the rising sun,
and jump with fun,
eat till stomach is heavy,
and sleep like a baby.
Little does it know, 
I aim for a better life:
For me, for her; 
for now, for future.
Sorta room-of-requirements, 
stacked up with all the essential ingredients.
But my poor soul, satisfied with a little,
calls me fool, and marks me as brittle.

How should I explain, what should I say?
A basic life, for an extraordinary person...nay, nay, nay.
She refuses to share a nod of agreement,
and calls my life a rat race to false fulfillment.

.
.
.

I would prove I was right,
and stand by my words with all my might.
Hell, damn life didn't give me a chance,
Destiny brought me in for a death-dance.
As close as my gadgets were, my dreams were still in my eyes,
The materials that I gathered, lie lifeless under the sky.
And, my soul, still reminds me of my ambrosia,
sneering at the idea of the perfect life I had.

A full stomach, and a creative mind,
A healthy body, and to be kind,
A hand to hold, a heart full of smiles,
the meaning of life, now I realize.

Oops, I am dead! Too late to regret.




 


1 comment:

Himanshi Singh said...

lovely piece of writing.....i am so in love with all that u write :D

Mom, you are missed!

Remember you allowed littering the pencil scrapes on the floor? Sometimes you said, those would be picked in the morning, sometimes you said...